Join our community by becoming a book distributor!
Libraries for Liberation is founded on the belief that real change happens through collective action. That’s why we need your help. The success of this project depends on our community’s willingness to help us make liberatory books widely accessible.
You can get involved as a book distributor by taking these five easy steps:
1. Check to see if there are any Little Free Libraries that are accessible to you. Is there a Little Free Library within the distance you can travel? If so, then you can be a book distributor! If not, there are other ways to get involved with Libraries for Liberation work: check out our donate and event pages, recommend your favorite anti-racist book, or volunteer to vet books for us.
2. Fill out the interest form. Tell us more about where you are in the United States and how many books we can send you (up to 25). The interest form includes fewer than ten required questions and takes 3-5 minutes to fill out.
3. Complete the Distributor Agreement Form. We will reach out to you with this form via email as soon as we have secured funding to purchase your books. Please be patient with us – right now, we have requests for thousands of books!
4. Receive your books. Once you have returned your Distributor Agreement form, we will order your books from one of our favorite BIPOC-owned bookstore partners and email you to let you know that they’re on their way.
5. Distribute your books. When you receive books, you will also receive more directions and a note to include in each book to let readers know how they can get involved too.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.